This chicken recipe is awesome because it is a totally unique combination of flavors. I came across a similar one on Pinterest and was curious. I thought it was about time that I stepped outside the box and tried a new recipe with unusual ingredients. After making a few substitutions, it ended up becoming one of my new favorite meals!
- 3 medium sized chicken breasts
- 1 large log of goat cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup of shelled, salted pistachios
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Using a food processor, grind the pistachios into large chunks
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the goat cheese and Dijon mustard until it makes a paste. I did not measure the mustard because it is more about having the right texture than having the right measurement.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts, than lay them out in a glass baking dish
- Spread a thick layer of the goat cheese and mustard paste over the top of each chicken breast, covering the whole thing
- Sprinkle the pistachios over the top, and gently push them into the cheese so they don’t fall off
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes (may take longer depending on thickness of chicken)
I served this chicken with baked sweet potato fries and it was the perfect side. This recipe is fabulous if you are sick of always making chicken the same way. And it’s the perfect fall recipe!