These are some of the easiest cookies to make and luckily they are also my favorites! I think I love them so much because they are basically a ball of chocolate, held together by a few oats. Also they are naturally gluten free without you having to make any substitutions or complicated conversions. Always a plus!
- 6 oz. of chocolate chips
- 4 cups of dry oats (double check that they are gluten free, some are rolled in flour)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- Put the oats in a large mixing bowl and pour the chocolate chips on top.
- In a saucepan, bring the butter, sugar, and evaporated milk to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl over the top of the oats and chocolate chips. and stir well until the chocolate is melted and is evenly mixed throughout.
- Use your hands (or spoons if you want to miss out on the opportunity to lick chocolate off your fingers) to scoop the mixture into cookie shapes and lay them on a sheet of wax paper to cool.
- EAT ALL THE COOKIES IN ONE SITTING
Or maybe that’s just how I make this recipe?