This recipe was so much fun to make because I have never tried pairing these spices and flavors with a salmon. It had just enough spice to be exciting but was not over the top hot, which is wonderful because I’m a wimp when it comes to spicy food. Even one of my best friends, who is a salmon skeptic, loved it!
- 2-4 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon of each of the following:
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of each of the following:
- Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (for pan frying; add more as needed)
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 lime
- Mix all of the spices and the salt together in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture over both sides of each salmon fillet.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat and pan fry the salmon fillets in it for about 4-6 minutes per side or until cooked through. The spices will turn black and crispy on the outside, making kind of a crust.
- While the salmon is cooking, zest the lime and mix the zest into the Greek yogurt. Squeeze the juice from the lime into the yogurt too.
- Drizzle the yogurt sauce over the top of the blackened salmon and top it off with some ground black pepper.