This dish was supposed to just be a side, but it ended up being my favorite part of the meal! It was a hit all around.
Carbs of any kind (including rice) are not usually the best place to get your calories, but I felt better about this recipe because it is also full of avocado, which has several health benefits.
- 1.5 cups of rice (cooked)
- 2 ripe avocados
- The juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the peels and the cores of the avocados, and mash the “meat” in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the lime juice and cilantro and mash together
- Mix in the rice, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper
So simple but so delicious! It doesn’t save super well because of the avocado (it turns a weird color and loses its fresh taste), making it perfect for sharing so that there are no leftovers.