Looking for a fun and unique Valentine’s Day treat? This roasted pecan recipe is the perfect way to show your special someone that you care. You can divide them into little goody bags like this for a fun gift for your coworkers, send a care package to your BFF, or munch on them with your sweetheart while you snuggle up together this Valentine’s Day.
Or you can be like me, and eat the whole batch before anybody else sees them and expects you to share.
Whatever time of year and whoever you’re with, this delicious snack is the perfect way to treat yo’self without too much guilt.
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of pecans
- 4 teaspoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the powdered sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix in the pecans, covering them completely in the mixture.
- Add in the water, which will turn the sugar into a glaze. Continue mixing until the glaze covers each pecan.
- Spread the pecans out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let them cool, then eat up!
Recipe credit Teresa Bellevue 🙂