I always forget how ridiculously easy zucchini noodles (AKA “zoodles”) are to make. It seems like it should be a ton of extra work compared with regular pasta, but as long as you have a good spiralizer they take pretty much half the time! And they are also significantly better for you, which is always a plus.
My favorite kind of recipes are the ones that don’t taste like they should be good for you, but they are. That’s why I loooove this recipe! It totally settled my insatiable pizza cravings without all of the carb-guilt (even GF pizza crust isn’t actually healthy for you).
This post is more of a roadmap than a recipe. Just like how everybody likes to put their own ingredients on their pizza, you should have fun with this and add your own toppings that you love. Below I will list the ingredients in my version, but I just kind of threw things together so there aren’t exact measurements.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4-6 zucchinis, spiralized (for 2-3 servings)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Sliced mushrooms
- Marinara sauce (I used this one and it was delicious)
- Dried basil
- Black olives, sliced
- Turkey pepperoni
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Ground Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms and minced garlic until the mushrooms brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add the spiralized zucchini and the marinara sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the zoodles soften.
- Mix in the rest of your toppings! I added black olives, turkey pepperoni, and the herbs listed above.
- Mix everything together well, and add your cheese of choice (the feta was delicious). I also topped it off with a bit of ground Parmesan.