This recipe was perfect because it was so fast and easy to make, but it adds the perfect amount of fanciness to any meal. The Parmesan herb mixture almost tasted like Italian breadcrumbs, so I will sometimes make this to top off a pasta (or zoodle!) dish and it never disappoints!
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 salmon fillets (scales removed)
- 1/2 cup of ground Parmesan (plus more as needed)
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- While the oil is heating up, mix the Parmesan and herbs together in a bowl. Place each salmon fillet in the bowl separately and shake it around a bit so that the whole thing is coated.
- Place the Parmesan-covered salmon fillets in the frying pan and fry for about 5 minutes per side.
- Once the salmon is cooked through and the Parmesan is brown and crispy, it’s ready to go!
Another option for this dish, if you’d like to avoid frying, is to bake it. The ingredients will stay the same either way. Baking instructions are below:
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and bake on the middle oven rack for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. Check it frequently to make sure that the Parmesan isn’t burnt. It should brown a bit, but if it starts to look too dark then flip the salmon so that the other side has a chance to brown.