I make these all the time because they are perfect for a quick grab’n’go breakfast on busy mornings, and they also help settle sweets cravings if you have one or two for an afternoon snack. They are pretty much cookies, but with more protein and less sugar!
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup of gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 squares of dark chocolate, chopped
- Heat your oven to 250 degrees. Spread out the coconut on a small baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 7 minutes, until it’s a light golden color.
- While the coconut is toasting, mix all of the other ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- After the coconut is toasted, mix it in as well.
- Roll the mixture into small bite-sized balls.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight for the best texture.
I usually grab 3-4 of these for breakfast on busy mornings, and they are actually pretty filling. This recipe makes enough for two people to have 3-4 daily for about 5 days. Perfect for a work week!