I’m always on the lookout for creative zoodle recipes, since they are so good for you and actually pretty filling. This one was fantastic because the sauce didn’t even have to be cooked! All that needs to be cooked is the shrimp, and I prefer to sauté the zoodles too since it softens them a bit. Super easy! And a delicious light dinner.
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1/2 pound of shrimp, shelled and tails removed
- 1 avocado, skin and pit removed
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tables of coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and saute the zoodles until they’re softened.
- Remove the zoodles from the frying pan and melt the coconut oil. Pan fry the shrimp until cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side). Salt and pepper both sides.
- In a food processor, blend the avocado, lemon juice, garlic, feta, and dill until it’s a creamy consistency. Blend in some olive oil if it’s too thick.
- Mix the zoodles with the creamy avocado sauce, add salt and pepper to taste, and top it all off with the shrimp.