I’m always on the lookout for healthy and easy recipes that also taste delicious. It’s a difficult combination to find! That’s why I’m really excited to be sharing this one. The part of prep that took the longest was chopping the veggies, and after that you just dump everything into a pan and let it simmer! So easy and soooo yummy.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- One medium yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 medium salmon fillets
- A 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- One large zucchini
- One yellow squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Lemon zest to garnish
- Chop the onion, zucchini, squash, and bell pepper into small pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the chopped onions and minced garlic and saute until the onions soften.
- Once cooked, move the onions to the sides of the pan and place the salmon fillets in the middle. Let them cook until the outside is slightly brown, then flip and brown the other side.
- Once both sides of the salmon have browned, remove it from the pan and stir in the tomato sauce and the rest of the chopped veggies. Stir well, then place the salmon on top and cover the pan, reducing the heat to simmer.
- Once the salmon is cooked through (about 8-10 minutes) and the veggies have begun to soften, add the tarragon, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir well so the ingredients are distributed evenly throughout and then it’s ready!
- Bonus: This recipe also tastes really good as a stew. The only difference in preparation is to break up the salmon into little pieces and stir it into the veggies before serving. If you look at the second bowl in the background of this post’s featured image you can see an example. Delicious either way!