I’m always on the lookout for healthy and easy recipes that also taste delicious. It’s a hard combination to find! That’s why I’m really excited to be sharing this one. The part of prep that took the longest was chopping the 3 veggies, and after that you just dump everything into a pan and let it simmer! So easy and soooo yummy.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- One medium yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 medium salmon fillets
- 1 14.5 oz can of unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- One large zucchini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Chop the onion, zucchini, and bell pepper into small pieces.
- In a large skillet (or wok), heat the olive oil over medium. Add in the chopped onions and minced garlic and let it saute until the onions soften.
- Once cooked, scoot the onions to the side of the pan and place the salmon fillets in the middle. Let them cook until the outside is slightly brown, then flip and brown the other side.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the diced tomatoes until they’re a soup-like consistency.
- Once both sides of the salmon have browned, add the blended tomatoes and let the liquid boil and cook the salmon the rest of the way. Add the chopped zucchini and bell pepper too.
- Once the salmon is cooked through and the veggies have begun to soften, add the tarragon, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir well so the ingredients are distributed evenly throughout and then it’s ready!