I usually have my delicious Gluten Free Crepes smothered in a generous layer of Nutella with some fresh strawberries or sliced bananas. It’s delicious, but not exactly healthy. I recently decided that I should try to cut down my sugar intake (yes, I’ve been drinking black coffee…it’s difficult but I feel a lot better!). For that reason, I thought I’d try a more savory version of my favorite breakfast.
These savory crepes were so delicious and they kept me full for much longer than most of my usual breakfasts do. They’re packed with protein, folate, healthy fats like omega-3, and B vitamins. All of these key nutrients help us maintain steady energy, proper digestive function, and even help keep skin and hair healthy.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 small pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Handfull of baby spinach
- 1/2 an avocado, thinly sliced
- Smoked salmon
- Chopped parsley
- 1 lemon slice
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a medium sized frying pan over medium heat.
- While the oil is heating, whisk the eggs, cashew milk, cayenne, and salt and pepper together in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the pan and tip the pan all directions so the eggs spread out across the bottom. It should be very thin.
- Let the crepe cook until the bottom is golden and crispy, then flip and cook the other side.
- Once cooked through, place the crepe on a plate and set aside
- Add the rest of the coconut oil to the pan and let it melt. Then throw in the spinach and stir it around until it wilts and shrinks.
- Once it’s cooked, add the spinach to the crepe and top it off with sliced avocado, smoked salmon, chopped parsley, and juice from 1 lemon slice.