Since this is my second spiralizer recipe in a week, I must admit I’m a bit addicted. I go through phases where I don’t use it for a month, then use it every day for a week. There’s no in-between!
This time, I decided to re-vamp one of my all time favorite salads, the delicious Greek Salad. In the past, I’ve always used lettuce as a base, but there were always a few leaves left at the bottom of the bowl because I don’t really like the way it tastes by itself. Lettuce is really just an obstacle on my way to the good stuff (olives, feta, cucumbers…). I thought it would be fun to spiralize cucumbers and add all the other ingredients on top instead! I definitely prefer it this way. The cucumbers are much more flavorful than the typical iceberg lettuce, and I got to twirl a salad like spaghetti 🙂
- 2 cucumbers, skin on
- 1/2 of a red onion
- Grape tomatoes (I used red and yellow because it’s pretty)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of Greek olives, pitted and sliced
- Feta (omit if vegan or dairy free)
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Drizzle of red wine vinegar
- Drizzle of lemon juice
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Chop off the ends of the cucumbers and spiralize with the skin on. They’re watery vegetables so there will be a bit of mush in this process. Place the coodles in a large salad bowl.
- Dice the red onion into small pieces and slice the grape tomatoes in half. Add to the salad bowl.
- Chop the green bell pepper into small pieces, except for a few slices to garnish (as pictured) and add to the bowl.
- Toss in the Greek olives, salt and pepper, olive oil, and vinegar and mix well.
- Top it off with a nice thick slice of fresh feta, some chopped parsley, and a light drizzle of lemon juice.