- 2 acorn squashes
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped apple
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of sage
- 1 cup of Gouda cheese, shredded
- Olive oil as needed to prevent sticking to the pan
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Cut the acorn squashes in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the flat part of the squash halves with olive oil and place them face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until soft.
- While the squash is cooking, drizzle some olive oil in a large skillet and heat it on medium-high.
- Add in the ground chicken and saute for about 10 minutes until cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped apple, mushrooms, garlic, onion powder, rosemary, and sage. Keep cooking until the mushrooms and apples have softened.
- Once the squash is cooked, scoop out enough of the insides to create a bowl. Stir in the scooped squash pieces with the chicken.
- Divide the contents of the skillet into the 4 squash halves. Cover the top of each with 1/4 cup of gouda and broil in the oven until the cheese melts and gets crispy.
Serving size is one half of a stuffed squash.
2 Comments Add yours
This sounds amazing!
OMG! I just made this and it was delicious ! I loved that you cook everything together in just one pan, spoon it into your cooked squash and just top with Gouda. Definitely a new go-to when I want something healthy and quick.