I’ve been wanting to get better at meal-prepping so that dinner on busy weeknights is less of a hassle. This recipe jumped out at me because it’s so easy to prepare in advance – just spend an hour or so on the weekend spiralizing some zucchinis, chopping some green onions and parsley, and cooking the chicken. Then, when you’re ready to make a quick and easy dinner one night, just heat everything together in a pan and it’s ready to eat in less than 10 minutes!
This is probably the most delicious zoodle recipe I’ve ever had. It’s also super easy to make it vegan or vegetarian if you leave out the chicken and feta. Enjoy!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 large zucchinis
- An 8 oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes (reserve some of the oil for flavoring)
- A 6.5 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 10-15 kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- A drizzle of fresh lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
- Chop the chicken breasts up into small bite size pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in the chicken. Cook it through until it starts to crisp up and brown. Then add the minced garlic.
- While the chicken is cooking, spiralize the zucchinis.
- Slice up the sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts, then add them as well as the zucchini noodles (zoodles) to the skillet. Cook until the zucchini starts to soften.
- Once everything is cooked, dish it up into two servings. Top off each serving with half of the kalamata olives, green onions, parsley, feta, lemon juice, and pepper. I don’t recommend adding salt since the olives, artichokes, and feta are already so salty.
- For extra flavor, I like to drizzle some of the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar over each serving as well.
2 Comments Add yours
This looks so yummy!