Who doesn’t love an easy, quick, and delicious recipe that can be made in a variety of ways to fit whatever you’re craving? I had so much fun experimenting with different flavors for this flatbread, and I chose my top 4 favorite variations to share. If you find any other fun flavor combinations, please share in the comments so we can all give it a try!
- 1/2 cup of chickpea flour (also known as garbonzo bean flour)
- 1/2 cup of tapioca starch
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt
Cooking Instructions (same for all variations)
- Heat a small skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add a bit of olive oil if it isn’t non-stick.
- Once the skillet is hot add 1/4 of the batter. Once the bottom is solid, flip it over and continue to cook until it is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Repeat for the remaining batter, cooking 1/4 at a time so you end up with 4 flatbreads.
Use this base as a sandwich wrap!
This one got a bit too toasty on the other side…
There are so many easy ways to add extra flavor to this already delicious batter base. Keep scrolling to see the other fun flavors that I’ve tried and loved!
Ingredients to add to the base
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Optional herbed oil/butter
Simply mix the minced garlic into the batter. Once the flatbread has cooked, brush it with melted butter or add some extra flavor by mixing some chopped herbs with olive oil. I used chopped parsley, cilantro, chives, and a bit more minced garlic.
Olive & Rosemary
- Kalamata olives, sliced in half (I used about 8 olives per flatbread)
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh rosemary
Mix the chopped rosemary into the batter. Once you add the batter to the skillet, sprinkle the olive halves on top. Make sure that the olives are pressed into the batter a bit so they don’t fall out when you flip the flatbread. Continue to cook as normal.
Green Chili & Onion
- 1/2 of a red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
- 2 teaspoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
Mix all the ingredients into the batter and cook as normal.