“Don’t ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion.”
I have no idea who said this, but I’ve seen it floating around on my Pinterest feed a lot lately. It always makes me smile, but as wonderful as the sentiment is, it’s really only applicable for certain situations in life. Don’t wait for the right moment to tell someone you love them, seize the moment and say it. Don’t wait until you feel ready to apply for that dream job, take a risk and give it your best shot.
However, I highly recommend practicing moderation with this cookie dough, and reserving it for special occasions only. When I first discovered it, I made it almost every day for a whole week. I told myself it was because I was trying to perfect the recipe, but really I was caving to the cravings. It started a bad habit where I would make a little batch anytime I craved something sweet (which, unfortunately, is a lot). And it satisfied my sweet tooth so well that I just couldn’t stop! Lesson learned – simply being alive isn’t an excuse to eat cookie dough every day.
Luckily I was able to pull myself out of my sugar spiral and didn’t indulge again until today – my birthday! It’s the perfect way to treat yourself on a special occasion without the usual risks that regular egg-containing cookie dough brings. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of softened butter (or 1/2 tablespoon of additional almond milk if vegan or dairy free)
- Chocolate chips (I won’t tell you how much, you measure that with your heart)
- Mix all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, together in a bowl. Mix well until there are no clumps.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and then it’s ready to eat!
Yes, it’s really that easy. You have now been gifted the ability to make the perfect amount of risk free cookie dough for one – use your new power wisely!