I’m so excited to be sharing one of my favorite meals! This one is less of a recipe, since the toppings should vary based on your own personal taste. I will be sharing my own AvoTaco formula, but this can easily be adapted to fit everyone’s dietary preferences.
I don’t know about you, but my favorite taco topping has always been guacamole. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve eaten guacamole straight out of a bowl with a spoon, like pudding. No shame. I reallllly love the stuff. So when I discovered the incredible art of stuffing avocados with various ingredients, I knew I had to try it with tacos. It’s basically like having de-constructed guacamole, plus beans and cheese. How can it go wrong?
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 can of vegetarian refried beans
- 1/2 of a packet of gluten free McCormick Taco Seasoning
- Sliced olives
- Shredded cheese (omit if vegan or dairy free)
- Cut all the avocados in half and scoop out some of the insides to form a bowl. Save the scooped out pieces for step 2.
- In a small saucepan, mix the refried beans, taco seasoning, and scooped out avocado pieces. Heat on medium until warm. Optional: mix in some shredded cheese in this step if you’re a cheese addict like me!
- Once the bean mixture is heated, divide it up into the avocado halves. Top it all off with the rest of your favorite toppings!
- For extra flavor, squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top.
Serves 4 – or one whole avocado per person.