Sometimes life gets busy, so having healthy and easy breakfast options that are ready to grab ‘n go are so helpful. This nut and seed bread is great because it’s super filling and full of nutrients that help give you an energy boost when you need it most. One loaf lasts me about 5 days, so it’s the perfect recipe to prepare on a Sunday and have it readily available throughout the workweek.
It’s also a good base recipe for you to add your own favorite flavors. I’ve made a Greek olive and rosemary version, a garlic version, and one with some Everything Bagel seasoning mixed in. All were delicious!
- 1 cup of sunflower seed kernels
- 1 cup of shelled pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup of flax seeds
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup of water
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- Mix all the nuts and seeds in a large bowl and add the water. Stir it well and let it soak for at least 2 hours, but longer is better. This helps them break down a bit so they’re easier to digest.
- Once the nuts and seeds are done soaking, beat the eggs and melted coconut oil together.
- Add the egg mixture to the nut/seed bowl and stir well. Then transfer the batter to a loaf pan. Bake at 325F for 60 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once the loaf has cooled, slice it up and add toppings! I added some mashed avocado with a sprinkle of the “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning from Trader Joe’s (plus micro arugula sprouts to make it look prettier). It’s also delicious with cream cheese or tapenade.